Saturday, October 1, 2011

Talking Back to Prozac: My Review

Talking Back to ProzacTalking Back to Prozac by Peter R. Breggin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A thoroughly enjoyable read, rich with useful information. The book provides a helpful explanation about how antidepressants affect the brain and compares the dangers or “side effects” of these drugs to those of amphetamines. I found the data to be a real eye opener, especially when discussing the dubious protocols that were used for FDA approval, and the lack of pertinent facts that are accessible to medical providers to enable them to make reasonable judgments in their prescribing practices. The book contains many typographical errors though, which slightly spoils its credibility.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your interest and hope you will find my blog helpful. All comments are moderated so your post will appear soon.

Wishing you and your family good health and happiness for the future!