Thursday, March 15, 2012

The History of Medicine: A Very Short Introduction: My Review

The History of Medicine: A Very Short IntroductionThe History of Medicine: A Very Short Introduction by W.F. Bynum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was the recommended course textbook for the University of Oxford’s “History of Medicine” introductory program. Don’t be fooled by its tiny size – It’s jam-packed full of well-researched information pertaining to the history of Western medicine, beginning with the ancient Greeks of the fifth century BCE and continuing up to the present day. Bynum methodically breaks down the chronology by way of examining five kinds of medicine: Bedside, Library, Hospital Community and Laboratory, and his assessments are provided in a well-written and instructive manner. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a starting interest in the subject.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your interest and hope you will find my blog helpful. All comments are moderated so your post will appear soon.

Wishing you and your family good health and happiness for the future!